I’m currently a second year Electrical Engineering (Digital Art) student at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. I am very passionate about all things STEM, but mostly Mathematics and Technology.
I am constantly working on my mathematical and programming skills and I spend some of my free time investigating mathematics and programming through books, YouTube and websites such as arvix.org and would like to be involved in some aspect of mathematics and computers.
Hyde Park High School
Last grade completed: Grade 12, 2016
University of the Witwatersrand
Last year completed: First, 2017
First year end of year results (2017)
Electric Circuits 81% Key Concepts in Game Design 1A 72%
Mathematics 1 82% Key Concepts in Game Design 1B 61%
Physics 1 75% Vacation Design PASS
Noteworthy Achievements in my schooling
School: Hyde Park High School
- Cum Laude white blazer 2016
- Academic full colours 2015
- Public Speaking full colours 2016
- Dramatics full colours 2016
- School prefect 2016
- Mintek Quiz fourth place and certificate of distinction 2016
- De Beers English Olympiad Silver certificate 2015
- Mathematics Olympiad round 2 2016
- Life Science Olympiad, Phyiscal Science Olympiad participation 2015,2014
- Information Technology Olympiad round 2 2016
Employment and volunteerism
July 2013 – Volunteer at Walk the Talk fun run, handing participant’s their packs and placing on wrist bands
December 2015, 2014, 2013 -Holiday school volunteer at Lefika la Phodisa Art Therapy (a Johannesburg NGO), helping with art and play therapy for under 10 year old children. This was to achieve the community work requirement for my school. Through this I learned more about the issues facing orphaned children living in a hijacked building (The Florence) in Hillbrow.
July 2016 – Worked as a volunteer packing food parcels for a day at the Sandton Convention Centre as part of the Stop Hunger Now initiative with entrepreneurs in Sandton.
December 2014,2016-2017 – Helped serve food to homeless people for the annual St. Columbus Presbyterian Church Christmas lunch.
September 2017-Present – Employed at Master Maths Rosebank part-time tutoring Mathematics to grade 4-11.
- Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Audacity proficient
- HTML and website design – basic
- Programming in C++ – basic
- Programming in Java and SQL up Grade 12 level
- Able to work computers efficiently, especially MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Publisher, also Google
- Speak, read and write English fluently and creatively
- Acting and singing
- Can work with people in a team, but can work independently too
- Fully proficient in social media (Facebook, Instagram)
Social Activities and hobbies
School sport – 2nd team tennis 2014, cross country team 2014, A team basketball 2013, B team hockey 2013, B team athletics 2013, Moutain Climbing Club Wits 2017, Basketball Club Wits 2017
Interests and hobbies – Filmmaking, reading, science, mathematics, programming, technology, self-improvement, basketball
Societies – Matric Dance Committee 2015, Senior Counsellor 2016, Major production cast 2015-2016, FEDA production cast 2015, Astronomy Club Wits 2017